Work-Related Accidents Attorney in Brandon, Florida
Almost everyone works really hard. All we want is to earn enough wages to meet our basic needs at the end of the day. But what if a workplace accident occurs? For example, it may have ended in a fractured leg or arm. Worse, you might suffer from severe brain damage. Knowing your rights when these unfortunate events take place is critical.
If someone at your workplace caused the damage, you have the right to seek workers’ compensation by filing an injury claim. To do this, getting assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer is greatly helpful.
Golden Injury Attorneys is one of the reputable law firms in Florida that you can rely on. If you are seeking a skillful personal injury lawyer, look no further. With exceptional management skills, law knowledge, honesty, and responsiveness, you can save a lot of time and money by choosing our service. We are committed to assisting you in obtaining the benefits you need and deserve. If you want to discuss your case with us, don’t hesitate to schedule a free consultation.
Why do I need a Work-Related Accidents Attorney in Florida?
If this is your first time dealing with a work-related accident, the legal process may be perplexing. Aside from that, you may have been frightened or uneasy as a result of your condition. That is why, before selecting an injury lawyer, you should evaluate their background. It is critical to select the correct injury attorney. Take note of the following positive characteristics:
- Skilled and experienced. You don’t want to hire someone who is just getting started. Your personal injury attorney should have years of experience handling cases in the same practice area and a strong educational background. This enables them to comprehend your situation and quickly recommend effective solutions to you.
- Empathy. To demonstrate empathy, an accident attorney should be able to provide personalized care. To genuinely grasp your dilemma, they should be able to put themselves in your shoes. They should accompany you from the beginning to the end of the case.
- Quick. Your health is essential. The compensation claim might also be used to pay for your medical treatment. As a result, it is quite beneficial if a lawyer can give quick assistance in order to collect recompense for you as soon as possible. This helps you to save even more money and time.
These are only a few of the good qualities of a qualified compensation lawyer that Golden Injury Attorneys possess. Our years of experience studying law and litigating complex personal injury cases have given us a thorough grasp of the compensation laws. Because we understand your circumstances, we give prompt and compassionate legal help to people in need.
When a case is denied, our personalized assistance includes filing an appeal. We handle each case on a contingency basis. If you’re now thinking of discussing your case with us, schedule a free consultation now!
What are Work-Related Accidents?
Workplace injuries can cause many more difficulties than just physical suffering. You should also consider how to secure your income. There are several instances where an employer would apply an illegal method to remove you as an employee from your employment because they do not want you to get compensated.
Under the Workers Compensation Law of Florida, employers are obligated to carry worker’s compensation insurance. Notwithstanding as to who caused the accident, you are entitled to these benefits. Unfortunately, workers are treated unfairly by workers’ compensation insurance companies. If benefits have been denied for you, or been delayed, seeking legal help from a lawyer is your best choice.
Workers’ compensation benefits include the replacement of lost wages and medical care. However, worker’s compensation alone cannot recover everything you have lost. When your on-the-job-injury was caused by someone who is not an employee in the company, you may enjoy the compensation for all the losses, including suffering and pain. These are referred to as third-party cases. Below are some examples:
- Car crashes
- Defective products injury
- Accidents caused by negligent vendors or contractors
- Unsafe conditions on a construction site injury
Workers’ Comp Benefits
The workers’ compensation system was made to bridge the gap between a work-related injury and an employee’s return to work. In most instances, workers’ compensation benefits permanently replace lost wages for workers whose injuries prevent them from rejoining the workforce. The lawyers at Golden Injury Attorneys will pursue all available workers’ compensation benefits, which may include:
- Medical benefits. Medical bills will begin to roll in quickly after a work injury. Medical payments are made to cover the costs of prescription medicine, physical therapy, including all doctor’s appointments, and other expenses.
- Temporary disability. If your workplace accident rendered you unable to work for an extended period of time, you are entitled to compensation for your lost income. These benefits are divided into temporary total disability and temporary partial disability.
- Permanent Disability. If your workplace accident rendered you unable to work permanently, you would be eligible for permanent total disability or permanent partial disability. In some circumstances, these benefits can apply for the rest of your life.
- Death Benefits. If a loved one died as a result of a workplace injury, you might be eligible for death benefits. This form of compensation benefits family members financially, which is previously provided by the deceased.
What happens if an employer fires you after an injury?
It is true that in Florida, your employer has the authority to hire, demote, or terminate you. It is important to remember that the situation will change when a work injury occurs. This is referred to as workers’ compensation retaliation. You may pursue a claim for wrongful termination if you can show evidence that your employer fired you as a result of an injury you sustained at work.
It is unlawful to fire you only because you want to file a workers’ compensation claim. An experienced lawyer can assist you in compiling the essential evidence to support your compensation claim.
Call our Work-Related Accidents Attorney Now!
Because individuals are frightened to speak up, injustice occurs. If you were injured at work and are too terrified to file for workers’ compensation benefits because you are concerned your employer will fire you, contact Golden Injury Attorneys. We will thoroughly comprehend your circumstance and provide quick, quality service with empathy. Our expert personal injury attorney will protect and uphold your rights as a worker.
Aside from personal injury and workers’ compensation, we also handle SSD/SSI claims. If you or someone you know is interested in or in need of any of the services we provide, don’t hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, you are welcome to book a case evaluation and we will discuss your situation.