Suffering from severe back injury? Get the most compensation possible!
Whether intentional or unintentional, if you are suffering from a back injury, you need to contact a back injury attorney in Brandon, Florida. Back injuries can often affect your spinal cord. You should not take this circumstance lightly. Worst case scenario, you might spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair. If that sounds just like your situation, you need to seek help from an experienced workers’ comp attorney.
The Golden Injury Attorneys can provide comprehensive legal solutions to your bodily injuries. Backed with years of experience and pertinent skills to defend your rights, our legal team will strive to get the best possible outcome for your case. Start your journey to recovery now!
What are the Common Causes of Back Injuries?
There are many causes of back injuries, some of which are:
- Workplace Accidents: Jobs that require heavy lifting, repetitive motion, or prolonged sitting or standing can cause back injuries, such as sprains, strains, or herniated discs.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents can cause whiplash, fractures, and spinal cord injuries, resulting in severe back pain.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Falling from a height, slipping on a wet surface, or tripping over an obstacle can cause back injuries, such as fractures or herniated discs.
- Medical Malpractice: Back injuries can also occur due to medical malpractice, such as incorrect spinal surgery or anesthesia errors.
- Defective Products: Defective products, such as faulty chairs or car seats, can cause back injuries due to poor design or construction.
It’s worth noting that a combination of factors or underlying medical conditions, such as arthritis or degenerative disc disease, causes some back injuries. If you have suffered a back injury, it’s essential to consult with a medical professional and a back injury attorney to understand the cause and determine your legal options.
What are the Types of Back Injuries?
There are various types of back injuries, some of which include:
- Herniated Discs: A herniated disc occurs when the soft center of a spinal disc pushes through a crack in the tougher outer layer, irritating nearby nerves and causing pain, numbness, or weakness.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury can occur due to trauma, such as a car accident or a fall. It can result in partial or complete paralysis, loss of sensation, and chronic pain.
- Fractures: Fractures of the vertebrae, or the bones in the spine, can occur due to a fall, car accident, or other trauma.
- Sprains and Strains: Sprains and strains occur when ligaments, tendons, or muscles are stretched or torn due to sudden movements, such as lifting or twisting.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: This condition occurs when the discs in the spine lose their cushioning ability, causing pain and stiffness in the back.
- Spinal Stenosis: This condition occurs when the spinal canal narrows, putting pressure on the spinal cord and nerves, causing pain and weakness in the back and legs.
It’s important to seek medical attention if you experience back pain or discomfort and consult a back injury attorney if you suspect someone else’s negligence caused your injury.
What are The Effects of Back Injury?
Back injuries can have a wide range of effects on an individual’s life, including:
- Pain and Discomfort: Back injuries can cause pain and discomfort, ranging from mild to severe. This pain can be constant or intermittent and can affect an individual’s ability to perform daily activities.
- Limited Mobility: Back injuries can also limit an individual’s mobility and range of motion. This can make it difficult to perform tasks that require bending, lifting, or twisting.
- Loss of Income: If a back injury prevents an individual from working, it can result in a loss of income. This can be particularly devastating if the individual is the primary breadwinner for their family.
- Medical Expenses: Back injuries often require extensive medical treatment, including surgeries, physical therapy, and medication. The cost of these treatments can add up quickly and become a financial burden.
- Emotional Distress: Chronic pain and limited mobility can cause emotional distress, leading to depression and anxiety.
- Reduced Quality of Life: Back injuries can impact an individual’s ability to enjoy activities they once enjoyed, such as sports or hobbies. This can lead to a reduced quality of life and a feeling of isolation.
Back injuries can significantly impact an individual’s life, affecting their physical, emotional, and financial well-being. It is important to seek medical treatment and legal assistance if you have suffered a back injury due to someone else’s negligence.
Building Your Back Injury Claim
If you have suffered a back injury due to someone else’s negligence, taking the necessary steps to build a strong back injury claim is important. Here are some important steps to take:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first step after a back injury is to seek medical attention. It is important for your health and establishes a record of your injury, which can be used as evidence in your claim.
- Document the Accident: If your back injury resulted from an accident, it is important to document the accident scene. Take photos of any property damage, injuries, or anything else that could be relevant to your claim.
- Collect Evidence: Collect evidence supporting your claim, such as witness statements, police reports, and medical records.
- Keep Records: Record all medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your back injury. This information will be used to calculate the damages you are entitled to.
- Hire an Experienced Back Injury Attorney: It is important to hire an experienced back injury attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiate a Settlement: Your attorney will negotiate with the other party’s insurance company to reach a settlement that compensates you for your damages. Your attorney will represent you in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
- Stay Involved: Stay involved in the legal process and inform your attorney of any changes to your medical condition or other circumstances that could impact your case.
By taking these steps, you can build a strong back injury claim and increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for your damages.
Why Do I Need a Brandon Back Injury Attorney?
There are numerous benefits of hiring a back injury attorney when suffering from back injury and not knowing what to do. Getting confused is normal, as the entire process is difficult for an average individual to understand.
Our legal team is a strong advocate for victims of bodily injuries. We provide a quick, specific, and accurate approach to your concerns. If you need a back injury attorney in Florida, you can get the compensation you deserve with our help.
Call our Brandon Back Injury Attorney Now!
Suffering from a back injury claim may be one of the most frustrating situations you could ever experience. Getting the compensation that you lawfully deserve is not an easy process. You have to deal with the relevant laws in your state. To ensure you will not overlook anything, seek help from a seasoned back injury attorney.
Golden Injury Attorneys is the firm that you can rely on. Our legal team will ensure you get compensated for your injuries. Using our knowledge, experience, and genuine care, your case will be in good hands. In addition to workers’ compensation , we also handle personal injury and social security concerns. If you need assistance with any of those, start your journey with us now!